- Thomas Reiner was born in Ludwigsburg, Germany in 1969.
- During his studies at the Universities of Music in Würzburg, Leipzig, and Weimar, his two most influential teachers were professors Helmut Erb and Uwe Komischke.
- Thomas Reiner is presently active throughout Europe as a soloist, conductor, and university lecturer.
- His CD recordings are of high standard, proving his mastery of the trumpet.
- He is highly in demand for oratorio performances and concertizes frequently with his duo partner and organist Frank Oidtmann.
- His brilliant and yet light tone in the high register range predestines him for performances of J.S. Bach’s redoutable Second Brandeburg Concerto.
- Thomas Reiner loves to embellish his melodic lines with rich ornamentation, as was expected of a soloist in the Baroque repertoire.